The Importance of Electrical and Data Communications Upgrade in TechnologyJuly 14, 2015
Every electrician has at least one horror story, a single disconcerting account of how modern technology clashed with an antiquated system. There was the time when a modern data centre was incorporated within a state-of-the-art structure, only to discover the power system was supplied by an ancient electrical distribution board. Imagine the situation, a superior arrangement of labelled circuit breakers and surge protectors, all powered by ancient conduits and a fuse board full of thick fuses that, hopefully, blow when a fault occurs.
This level of technology discrepancy is encountered all the time in electrical engineering. Older systems had no energy-saving components, no provisions for data communications, and safety concerns were laughably accounted for by bare-bones solutions. This latter matter is particularly upsetting when considering the fragility of life. And then there's the notion of today's electronic equipment, data collecting gear that's sensitive to the slightest transient spike. What chance would this equipment stand against such aging installations? An electrical agency is thus contractually and morally bound to point out these issues. More than this, safety regulations ensure the project must incorporate safety-centric features.
Now that we've dutifully illustrated the safety considerations that regulate the meeting of old electrical systems and new technology, let's direct our attention further afield, to data communications upgrades and other electrical assets. We live in a world where communications technology dominates everything we do and every act we perform. Data is king in maintaining company profits and office versatility, and there's an order to how these systems work. Remember, information technology connects commercial and industrial complexes to data highways. Then, data/telephony systems from leading vendors manage the digital assets, and, finally, a data-savvy electrical company ties these disparate elements together by installing the data centre. Assets include the following:
- A broadband connection
- Specialist knowledge in the installation of physical mediums. Includes fibre optics and Cat 6 cables
- Audio/Video installation and configuration
- New home automation protocols
- Video conference systems
- Internet cameras and online security surveillance assets
Technology is changing how we interact with everything. A capable electrical agency can upgrade an old POTs/POS telephony system and deliver the latest VOIP (voice over Internet) option, a system that delivers affordable voice calls on an international platform. The technology also adds video and video conferencing features. Additionally, upgrade beyond the expense of T1 broadband to affordable high speed Internet, and inject the power of fibre-optic technology into a productivity cycle. Ask an installer about call centre software and eliminate antiquated call switching software at the office. And, for the home, consider energy-conserving appliances that integrate new smart automation features, or add the flexibility of a home security system with Internet connectivity, a versatility factor that places security management on a smartphone.
O'Brien Electrical and Communications
26 Gordon St., Rosebery NSW 2018
Mobile: 0407 370 950
Servicing Inner West And Eastern Suburbs Including But not limited to the following areas:
- Glebe Annandale
- Surry Hills
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- O' Brien Electrical and Communications: Your Residential and Commercial Electrician in New South Wales
- The Importance of Electrical and Data Communications Upgrade in Technology
- Top 5 Checklist that you Must Know Before Hiring an Electrical Services Company
- Using LED Lights to Your Advantage - Is It Really Better than Regular Light Bulbs?
- What You Need to Know about Commercial Preventative Maintenance Programs with O'Brien Electrical and Communications
- The Importance of Electrical Safety and Maintenance for Your Home and Business
- Importance of Installing Burglar Alarms in Your Home
- Importance of having a CCTV camera in your home?
- Professional Residential Electrical Contractors in New South Wales
- Trusted Commercial Electrical Installations in NSW
- Hiring Commercial Electrical Contractors
- Located in Inner West or the Eastern Suburbs? Look no further for a an electrical or communications specialist for your home or business
- Electrical Installations - Leave it to the Professionals
- Residential Electrical Services in New South Wales